Well, google may have just solved this problem for us. It’s a problem we know well.
Say we go to a real estate office to meet with 8 people. We’d like to meet with each person for 30mins. So in total we need to block out 4hrs. You email out to all the attendees the time frame, say between 12 & 4pm, in half hour sessions, and then you wait to hear back from everyone. Inevitably there will be conflicts and overlaps from the get go.
Everyone will email back to you at a different rate, no sooner has one slot filled, than another wishes to have that same slot, all before you have had time to update the latest available slots.
Introducing Google Appointment Slots
What google has done is added a new function called “Appointment Slots”. The way the process works is as follows:
- Open your google calendar
- Click Appointment Slots (shown as a New! feature)
- Create a block of time or split this large block of time into slots of however long you want
- then this calendar can either be embedded into your website, or you can create an appointment sign up page
- then when someone visits their calendar its overlaid with the appointment slots, where their preferred slot can be chosen, which then updates the remaining available slots
Google says that this feature will rolled out within the next few days.